Sunday, August 13, 2006

Another Moment

Its another segment of "A FUNNY MOMENT AT WORK" or in this case "MY FIRST CONTACT WITH WHATS HER FACE"

*To keep the anonymity of everyone involved I shall refer to her as: THE INTIMIDATING, YET INTRIGUING ASSOCIATE PRODUCER OF DOOMSDAY AND OTHER FINE SHOWS or "BOBBIE PAGE" for short. And I shall refer to the other person involved as: THE SOMETIMES TALENTED BUT ALWAYS STUDLY/ INTELLECTUAL/ DAREDEVIL/ ATHLETIC/ OPTIMUS PRIME LIKE ARTIST/DESIGNER or "ME" for short.

Mind you that at this time we really didn't know each other, except for a smile once in a while when we're passing each other. Not much of a friendship, unless you're Art Lee. He'd interpret that as a "I want you" on the women's part.

Anyway, It was mid morning and "ME" was walking toward the copy room by the freight elevator while "BOBBIE PAGE" was walking the opposite way ....

ME: "Hey, I like what you did with your hair! Its really nice like that!"

(She had cut her hair shoulder length and added nice subtle highlights)

BOBBIE PAGE: "Thanks! I'm glad you like it!"

Less than 3 minutes had passed when "ME" had finished his copying and was returning to his cubicle to work. That's what I, I mean "ME" does on company time - work. Not fool around on the internet, or go play ping pong, or go to Tower Records and look at the adult magazines, or hang out with Sammy for the most part of the day - NO. He works. And works hard. Anyway, while walking back, "BOBBIE PAGE" was walking towards him again.

ME: "You know what, I change my mind. I don't like your hair that way."

BOBBIE PAGE: "Good thing I don't care what you think!, FU*KER!" (Okay, she really didn't say that last word, but I KNOW she was thinking it!)

And all this without breaking our stride in both instances.

So that's been another segment of "A FUNNY MOMENT AT WORK" or in this case "THE REAL REASON I WASN'T CHOSEN TO BE ON DOOMSDAY"

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?