Sunday, January 28, 2007

Freedom of Speech

I am all for it. I think most of us would like to say whats on our minds. I do that without thinking sometimes .... actually more frequently than I thought ....

Well, the only time I'm against the freedom of speech is ... WHEN IT INCONVENIENCES ME!

We tried to go to J-town this past Saturday and it was gridlocked around that area. While we were waiting for the traffic to start moving we noticed marchers one block south of us. They were carrying flags and signs and chanting something. Kinda like the KKK, but without the Halloween costume. Later, we found out that it was a war protest by Mexican groups. I think because one of them went AWOL.

Look, I'm against this stupid war also. I was for it in the beginning, because I really thought it was about the oil. If we made Iraq ours then the gas prices would be pennies! Imagine that! Imagine how much money I would've saved! How much PS3 games I could've bought! ........ oh, I forgot. Since the launch of the PS3 they have ... oh .... 5 F'N GAMES IN ALL! ..... but I digress.

But the war wasn't about that. It became about some BS righteous plan to give democracy to the Iraqi people. Fine, if they want it. Seems like a small group doesn't want that and unfortunately they're the ones making the loudest noise - by blowing up their own citizens.

Instead of making bombs they should focus that talent to making .... crafts or something like that. They could make a killing on QVC, instead of their own people! 'Cmon, who doesn't like a decorative lamp shade ....

Well, whatever. The war is what it is. No real solution and no real end ... kinda like all the problems we have locally ..... oh plus more protesting.

I should protest the protest! The more they inconvenience me, the more I'm unsympathetic to their cause. I should carry signs that say:

I AGREE WITH YOUR CAUSE, BUT NOT WITH YOUR FACE!
¡Sí se puede! SOMEWHERE ELSE!
BUSH SUCKS! AND SO DO YOU GUYS FOR CAUSING TRAFFIC!
NEXT TIME DO IT AT NIGHT!
SHAKIRA IS MUY CALIENTE! (Not really a protest sign but more of a statement - a very true statement!)

Nah, making signs is too much work.

If we're to sit in our cars and witness this spectacle, they should at least make it entertaining. Have a float made or pull some huge ass balloon around. Have war protest clowns throw candy or something or t-shirts.

I know its a serious event, but my time is serious also. And guess which one is more important to me!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?